Cards for Kate Card Drive
Hello, cardmakers. If you are like me, you love any excuse to make a card. And it is even better when it can be given to someone who really needs it. Don't you agree? Yep - it is time for a new Card Drive - a Cards for Kate Card Drive.
Here is some info about Kate:
And one thing we can do to help is to send cards to Kate and her family to encourage them, give them strength, and let them know how many people are thinking about and praying for them. And the most generous and kind people in the world are crafters so we thought we’d have a Cards for Kate Card Drive. This time I have two rockin' friends helping me out - Jana Millen and Kristina Proffitt. Be sure to watch their blogs for more info, etc.
Think of how much it would encourage this family to receive cards from all over the world. You can simply send the cards to me. We will then box them up and pay to send them to Kate's parents. (We have already gotten the ok from them.)
- Cards can be for any member of Kate's family:
- Kate (age 5) - The sweet girl who is battling cancer.
- Little brother Will, age 4.
- Bigger sister Olivia, age 7.
- Mom and Dad, Aaron and Holly.
- Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc. (This family is a family of God, so for all you Christians out there, feel free to share messages of Faith.) Anyone can send a card - even your children!
- Please write a message in the card and sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, please write the name of who the card is for (Kate, Will, Olivia, Aaron and/or Kate). Also, please don't seal the envelope, as Kate's parents might want to preview cards before the kids see them.
- With your cards, please include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and number of cards. We will keep these for picking out prizes. For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances. (See below.)
- The cards should be sent to:
Card Drive for Kate
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- Please send the cards to arrive by October 15. This should give enough time for those overseas to play along. As we get enough to fill a box to send to Kate's family, we will send them. This way they don't get them all at once. And since they are having some struggles lately, the sooner we get some cards, the better. You are welcome to still send in cards!
- If you want to send more than just a card (such as a gift), please just send directly to the address given HERE. Stickers, things to color, etc are welcome.
- If you want to donate money to Kate's family, please click HERE. If you want to help cover the costs of shipping, feel free to include some money in with your cards. Any money leftover will be donated to the family. (But there is NO need to include money.)
And... how about some prizes as a thank you for participating? For all the cards we get, we will pick random winners of some great prizes. Click HERE for up-to-date prize info. Stuff will be added soon and often. Please keep in mind that winners will be pick based on piece of paper you include with your cards with your name and info. So, be sure to include it!
Thank you everyone,
ETA: We are now collecting cards for Eric, too. Here is information...
As you know, we have received an AMAZING amount of cards for Kate. Wow. You are all amazing. So we thought we would bring another child into the drive. This way, if you still want to make cards or make more cards, you can make them for this child. Just spreading the joy around a bit. If you have already sent cards, those will go to Kate and her family. But any future ones - it would be great if they were made for Eric and his family. (You will be eligible for the same prizes.) In hopes that we can get cards for him, too, we will extend the deadline just a touch - the prizes will be drawn on October 31 - so you have time to get them in before we pick prize winners.
OK... on to Eric...
UPDATED TO ADD: I am very sorry to say that Eric passed away in October. However, you are still welcome to send cards for his family.
I found out about Eric from my friend Kathy Rocoosin. Eric has ALD. (ALD is an inherited recessive genetic disorder linked to the X chromosome. The 1992 movie "Lorenzo's Oil" brought this rare disorder to the world's attention.) He was diagnosed on May 18th, and his little brother received the same diagnosis on May 29th. For information and updates on Eric, you can visit his website HERE.
Eric's mom, Leslie says, “Eric is a fighter and he has endured a tremendous amount. I am confident that he will not surrender. The docs have not thrown the towel in and we have not either... so pray hard everyone because we really do need a miracle.”
Eric will be 9 on 10/26. He has a sister (Rachel - 7) and brother (Jacob - 5). His dad is Bob and his mom is Leslie.
All the "guidelines," mailing info, etc is the same as for Kate. You can find it all HERE. Again, we would love it if you mailed the cards to arrive here by October 31.
I know I have asked a lot from you all to send cards for Kate and her family. But if you could just do it one more time - this time for Eric and his family - that would be wonderful. Imagine how much it would make him smile.